Dear Petroleum/Geosciences Department Heads:
I am a Past-President of the Society of Petroleum Evaluation Engineers (SPEE) and Department Chair at Texas Tech University Bob L. Herd Department of Petroleum Engineering. For some time now I have looked to improve material used in our Property Evaluation/Senior Design Course and have suggested to the SPEE board that we endeavor to supply information to University Petroleum Departments about SPEE. Members of the SPEE Board of Directors decided to make one copy of each publication available to University Petroleum Engineering/Geosciences Departments, free of cost.
The five current publications are:
- Survey of Economic Parameters Used in Property Evaluations
- Monograph 4, “Estimating Ultimate Recovery of Developed Wells in Low-Permeability Reservoirs”
- Monograph 3, “Guidelines for the Practical Evaluation of Undeveloped Reserves in Resource Plays”
- Monograph 2, “Perspectives on The Fair Market Value of Oil and Gas Interests”
- Monograph 1, “Guidelines for Application of the Definitions for Oil and Gas Reserves”
In addition, we are selling additional copies of Monograph 3 at a discounted price to universities.
Several SPEE resources are available to the public – free of charge – off our web site, such as: